Friday, December 16, 2011

My First Night Out

Tonight was my first eating out experience on "the plan." (Yes, Katy, I believe I appropriately used the quotations here.)

It was good. I was able to order something that fit on the lean and green plan AND I made special requests--like don't put that garlic butter on my steak, please. And don't put any butter on my vegetable. Thank you!

There is a measure of faith that is exercised in eating out. You put your control over your food into someone else's hands. You can ask for all the right things, but that doesn't mean the kitchen crew actually honors that. You can only hope. In the same way, you can only hope that you eye-balled the right amount of veggies and the appropriate amount of salad dressing. (I wasn't going to pull my measuring spoons and cups out--there has to be a limit somewhere, right?)

I also served the kids grilled CHEESE sandwiches today without biting an "accidental" hole in one of them. (SMILE)

1 comment:

  1. Don't we all put our trust in strangers when we eat out? I mean, would you rather have garlic butter on your steak or someone's booger? Just saying, eating out is ALWAYS a trust-walk with strangers...

    ReplyDelete