Sunday, December 4, 2011

How Many Lasts Can You Have?

I laughed this weekend.

"This is the last time I'll have this for...well, a long, long time."

"This is the last time for pizza. The last time for Chinese. The last time for Nachos. The last time for McDonald's. The last time for White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha."

Jude even said, as we pulled through McDonald's this morning for breakfast, "This is the last time we're doing this for awhile, huh?" (insert his snorty laugh)

'Sigh' How many times have I said this? How many "last" meals have I had and made an excuse to overeat and enjoy? How many times has *tomorrow* been the day when I start to get serious about my health?

I hope you're not looking for an answer, because I lost count after my fourth failed attempt at Weight Watchers, and you have no idea how many attempts of "something" came after that.

So, I laugh. But I also take a moment and think to myself, "Let's start a first--the first time I don't give up. The first time I don't lose hope. The first time I trust my body to do whatever it needs to do. The first time I let go. The first time I say--and mean--whatever you will for me, Lord, I will follow."

1 comment:

  1. Wow... As I read through your blogs from before the process even began I am totally relating to all this. The past few days have ben filled with.... "the last this, the lsat that.." But you are so true!! Time to make a switch to the firsts of this & that!!

    ReplyDelete