Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Hair Will Be Even Prettier

Jude: "Well, you can have one day where you can eat something different, right?"

Me: "No, not for a very long time. No Christmas cookies for me this year."

Kate (in utter surprise): "NO CHRISTMAS COOKIES?!"

Me: "Nope."

Jude: "But you can still play with playdough, right?

Yes. I can still do that. And, it's kind of Jude to reflect on the things I CAN do and CAN have. For a five-year-old he sure has been a big supporter for me. He knows my tummy is unhealthy and he wants a healthy Mama.

I asked them this morning, "Will you miss Mama's pillow tummy?" (As it does make a nice place to lay their heads)

Kate: "No. I will miss your hair."

Me: "I'm not losing my hair."

Jude: "No, Kate! She is losing her tummy and keeping her hair. Her hair will be even prettier when she loses her tummy." (Aw! I love this kid!)

Such interesting conversations at the breakfast table.
(Kate's still dealing with the trauma of Jude cutting her hair.)

I sure do love my kids!!! Two reasons why this is totally worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Love! Those Garner kids sure inherited their parents hilarity... oh, and randomness. :)

    ReplyDelete