So, today has been the day of the dull headache.
I was warned. Day #2, not as easy as Day #1.
I wasn't hungry until this evening. Now I suddenly feel like I could eat my arm off. However, I need my arm--and I still have my two pickles to eat. They will have to do.
On the upside, there's already a few things I've noticed. I'm eating more slowly. Mainly because I want to stretch my meal for as long as I can. Currently, my favorite thing to do is make a shake and then add chipped iced to it and eat it with a spoon. I can "milk a shake" (no pun intended) for at least a half hour this way. That counts for something.
I'm also opting to stay busy in between meals instead of just lounging. In staying busier, I am spending more time with my children. Today we cleaned the living room--TOGETHER. We all actually had fun. And last night Dan and I turned off the TV and talked. (Because what fun is watching two hours of TV without binging?) I also was in bed by 10:00 last night. WITH my husband. Big changes already.
Today, my little prophetic son touched my tummy and said, "Mommy, this is really working!" From your lips to God's ears, Son!
On the downside, I took the How Healthy Are You test today on Dr. Andersen's Habits for Health website. Oh. My. Gosh. My results came out "SICK"--the worst score you could receive. Here's what it said:
You probably already have significant medical conditions that are affecting your health, or are on the verge of becoming ill. But we can help change all that. Sickness is not a progressive and inevitable decay in quality and length of life, nor is it a condition that should be “fixed” simply by dialing up more medications. Those beliefs are for practitioners in the world of “sick care”, not health care. If you’re willing to take control of your health and learn new habits, we can get you out of this sick state, despite any underlying disease. By making a fundamental decision to become healthy you’ll fuel a whole new array of choices that can quickly improve your health, and you may soon be able to reduce or eliminate your medications and free yourself from their daily side effects—just by applying the Habits of Health to your life!
Okay, I'm going to go take some Tylenol! Make them PM! Zzzz....
I forgot to include my menu for the day:
ReplyDeleteLemon Bar
Chocolate Shake
Eggs
Strawberry Shake with extra chipped ice
Chicken and a veggie salad
Peanut Butter Crunch Bar
2 Dill Pickles