Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hiccups and Clothing

In NYC a few years ago--that's the brown shirt that fits me again!

First...on a silly note...I get the hiccups EVERY time I eat the Medifast Honey Mustard Pretzels.  I mean there has not been one single time I have eaten them that has been hiccup-free.  Weird, I know.  I just thought I'd share that, because I think it's funny.

Today I put on this long sleeve, brown T-Shirt.  It used to fit fine, but then suddenly it seemed too short.  For a long time it has always crept up on me, exposing my tummy.  But not today.  Today it is hanging as it should have always hung.  It is longer on me now, because the length isn't being taken up by so much girth.  That's a good feeling.

As I was putting laundry in the washer today, I noticed a BEAUTIFUL coat of mine.  I bought it when Dan and I got married.  It's a quilted red jacket with a soft, plush black fur collar.  Man, I love that coat.  We married in January of 2005.  In July we found out we were expecting our first baby.  So...the next winter I couldn't wear the coat, as I was hugely pregnant.  The winter after that, I wore it but could not longer zipper it.  Then I got pregnant with Kate.  Another winter with a preggo belly passed.  'sigh'

For seven years that coat has hung in expectation of being worn again.  It hasn't gone out of style.  In fact, my girlfriend was just admiring it a few months ago, wanting it for herself.

I put it on today.  It doesn't zipper yet, but I'm still 35 pound heavier than I was on my wedding day.  It occurred to me that I may never wear that coat again.  Spring will probably be right around the corner (if not upon us) when I reach the measurements required to zip that warm, winter jacket.  Meaning, it will have to wait for next winter--at which time it should fall right off of me.  But, honestly...I'd rather not wear it because I'm too thin than because I'm too heavy! :)


1 comment: