But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. (2 Cor 12: 9)
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Be Grateful: The God of Details
Wow! It's been a long silence on the blog, huh?
I've been practicing gratitude, so I thought I'd shift my previous spring focus about FREEDOM to my autumn focus on GRATITUDE. After all, I do believe those two things go hand-in-hand.
Today, it hit me. There are 7 billion people in the world. 7 billion beautiful, inspired, talented, original people.
And Dan Garner chose me.
He found me.
We found each other.
We chose each other.
I waited 26 years to be connected to this man and an additional 7 to marry him. We are best friends, perfectly matched in practically every possible way. I can't imagine sharing life with anyone else in the way I share it with him.
We really don't fight. I've heard people say, "You're lying!" or "You must not be honest with each other." or "That's not necessarily a good thing." Really?
First, we're not lying. I'm not suggesting there are never moments where we get a little annoyed; however, I can honestly say our children have never heard us yell at each other. (At them, yes. At each other, no.) They have also never experienced us not speaking to one another. Maybe taking some moments of silence so we can pray and gather our thoughts, but never the silent treatment. We just don't do it.
Yes, we are VERY honest with each other. In a way that may scare other people. The honesty is what has cemented us. Sharing and bearing one another's weaknesses is one of the most beautiful things about this thing called "us."
I think our harmony is a great thing. It reminds me of how a kite flies on the wind, or how a wave is supported by the vastness of the ocean. We are better together.
So, when I think of the 7 billion beautiful people in this world...
I am grateful that Dan chose me. Messy, broken me.
I am grateful that Dan loves me. Difficult, imperfect me.
And I am reassured once again that GOD is in the details. There is just no way, without the hand of God that THIS happens. No way at all.
THANK YOU, LORD, FOR THIS GIFT!
Psalm 37:23 "The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment