Saturday, February 8, 2014

We are NOT Just Losers



Maybe you have seen the recent controversy over the Biggest Loser.  I didn't watch it, but apparently the winner, Rachel, came out weighing a gaunt 105 pounds at the finale...too low to be healthy.  It's been cause for a lot of great discussion on the internet.  


"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!" Well, maybe?  But at what point is it not about "being skinny?"  Skinny does not equal healthy.


I read a blog written by a dear girl named Nicole.  I appreciate her honesty.  I can relate to her thinking.


People have told me, "You're getting too skinny!  When are you going to stop?"  People were saying that to me at 190 pounds--a huge 50 pounds over my healthy weight.  


We need to be discerning.  And knowledgable.  Know what healthy is.  Concern ourselves with what healthy looks like.  How healthy feels.  What healthy people do.  Not skinny people--HEALTHY people.



Big Hips | Little Hips: Don't Break My Heart by Nicole



No comments:

Post a Comment